SID/JSID Young Fellow Collegiality Awards
Who is Eligible?
- A member of the JSID who is currently active in investigative dermatology at an university department or laboratory or institution in Japan
- Under age 40 as of April 1 in the current business year
- Not a professor
- Submission of an abstract for the 2019 SID Annual Meeting (Chicago, Illinois)
(deadline 8 January 2019)
- The past awardees of the Young Fellow Collegiality Awards will not be accepted. The awardees shall submit a visit report, an accounting report and the receipts of travel and accommodation expenses.
What are the Benefits?
- There will be an opportunity to present and discuss your data by visiting a department in the U.S.
- A diploma will be given at the SID annual meeting and the awardee will be able to include the award in his or her curriculum vitae.
- The JSID will award up to 300,000 yen to cover travel and accommodation expenses.
- The SID will waive the registration fee for its annual meeting.
How many awards will be available?
Up to three awardees per year
How can I apply for an award?
An application need to be submitted by e-mail to the JSID office (e-mail: email@example.com)
(deadline for applications: 28 February 2019)
Applications should include:
- One-page CV
- The name of the department (or institution) to visit in the U.S.
- A brief note (a letter or an e-mail) from the head of a host department in the U.S. confirming your visit
- A copy of the abstract submitted for the SID meeting
- A list of abstracts for presentations given at past JSID meetings
- A list of publications (papers in English)
- Recommendation letter from the chairman of an affiliation.
Note: Please prepare all application documents in English. Submit as a PDF file including 1 to 7.
Who will evaluate the applications?
The panel will be comprised of 4 representatives of the JSID.
When will the outcome be notified?
The JSID will announce the names of the awardee in April 2019.
The JSID and SID greatly hope that these awards will help developing the careers of young researchers by providing the opportunity for international exchange and collegiality.
Recipients of 2019 SID/JSID Young Fellow Collegiality Awards
- Akito Hasegawa (Niigata University)
Institute to visit: Columbia University(New York, NY)
- Sho Miake (Kyushu University)
Institute to visit: Washington University(St. Louis, MO)
- Ayaka Okazaki (Osaka City University)
Institute to visit: University of Miami Miller School of Medicine(Miami, FL)